Monday, March 12, 2012

Induced Sleep Deprivation

Daylight Savings Time! We look forward to it when it rounds the calendar bend. Days get longer with the turn of the clock. Today, when I went to my regular exercise place everyone that came through the door looked like a college freshman who had just pulled an all nighter studying for exams. As we all slogged and yawned around the work-out circuit we all agreed this daylight savings time thing is great, but.....

Change is not always easy. Whether we admit it or no, we like things to be predictable. We have a difficult time when routines get upset or plans don't go the way we think they should. But, we have a God who never changes, and Scripture reminds us of that in so many ways.

Malachi 3:6a  “For I the Lord do not change;" 

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good his steadfast love endures forever and his faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 119:89 Forever, O Lord, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

As I am struggling through my day full of difficulty and change, disappointment and despair, I will take joy in the God of my salvation because He NEVER changes and His promises are true no matter the circumstance. I already feel invigorated and full of joyful hope no matter what the moment brings, even if it is as small as sleep deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment