Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bursting Forth


It has been an unusual and early spring for our mid-western climate.  I am struck each day at the beauty of the blossom of spring. Pictures can not  come close to capturing the daily, hourly bursting forth of color against the backdrop of an azure blue sky. Though my attempts with the camera are not in vain, they don't even come close to reproducing the images. I keep looking and watching at this gorgeous display trying to capture it in my memory to be retrieved if winter returns for one last hurrah!

 Today, while driving home from my routines, I found myself completely immersed in the worship and wonder of the God I love. What beauty to behold!

It is the Easter season in the life of the Christian. What an appropriate  phenomenon to be experiencing the awakening of the season from winter to spring at this time. Dark and cold has burst forth into light and brilliant color. It causes me to ponder the darkness of Gethsemane and the cross bursting forth into the light of the resurrection. We were once lost, but have been found. We were once spiritually dead, but are now alive in Christ. Just as we take refreshment in the brilliant and colorful display of our early spring, we are invigorated by the wonder and the power of the cross as it brings us from the dark winter of our sinful souls into colorful spring of life found only in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment