Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rejoice

It is the new year. 2011 seems as if it went by me faster than any other year. Time seems to speed up the older you get. My parents used to tell me that, but I never understood it. They were right, and, now, here I am in their shoes saying the same thing.

Rejoice is an invigorating word, and a great word to choose to be a theme for 2012. So, one of my goals this year is to choose to rejoice even when it is grizzly.  As a believer in Jesus, with Holy Spirit living in me, here are some reasons why I will rejoice.

Romans 5:2-5
Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 12:15
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

1 Peter 1:6-7
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Dear reader,  let us join together this year and choose to rejoice in what God brings our way, Yes, the valleys may be deep, the paths twisted, and the hills steep to climb, but we rejoice because we have a living hope and that is found seated at the foot of the cross of Jesus. Fix your eyes on Jesus, He is the author and perfecter of our faith!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice looking blog! So professional! I am rejoicing that we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoice is a wonderful theme!! I have found that in most of those deep valleys, twisted paths and steep hills, when we look up the view is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura and Linda, you both bring me great joy. Your presence in my life is such an encouragement. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

    ReplyDelete